Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Yummy Granola

Well, I have a fun and mostly healthy snack to share with you.  The first time I made this granola I gave a bag to my Mother-in-law and she just loved it.  My hubby and I will not eat yogurt without it now because it is so good.  My sister-in-law's father loved the granola that he has been playing around with it and has come up with some really good variations.   So I really hope you enjoy this recipe and learn to add your own spin to it the more you make it.

What you will need for the base of your Granola:
              1.  4 cup Quaker oats                            5.  1/2 tsp sea salt
              2.  1 cup sunflower seeds                     6.  1 cup warm honey
              3.  1 cup sliced almonds                       7.  1/4 cup olive oil
              4.  1 tsp cinnamon                               

Directions:
             1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray oil on a large cookie sheet with edges
             2.  Warm the cup of honey for 15 secs, mix warm honey and olive oil in a small bowl
             3.  Mix well all the dry goods in a large bowl.   Pour in honey/oil mixture and mix till coated well
             4.  Pour onto the cookie sheet and spread out evenly
             5.  Bake for twenty minutes or until oats are turning a light brown
             6.  Let cool and break up for granola bits.


TIP:  If you want to add dry fruit like I have in the picture, add them after the granola has been baked.  If you would like to add Peanut butter: warm up till runny and add when you add the honey/oil mixture.  There are so many things you can do to personalize your granola. Just have fun and eat healthier.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment