Monday, March 19, 2012

Easter treats

It is that time again to think about Easter and what kind of fun treats to have for the party you are throwing for the kids or just for you.  I have been thinking about what to share with you and it was a toss up between pie or a fun sweet treat.....So I am going with the sweet treat and will introduce the pie another time. 
My mom introduced me to this treat, she found it on the blog called the Novice chef.  This lady has many great ideas and I recommend that you check out her blog also.  She has many more things and not only sweets. 
The Fruity Pebble Pop:


The Fruity Pebble Pop is just a fancy rice crispy treat on a stick.  Here is what you will need:
                 1.  3 cups Fruity Pebbles
                 2.  3 cups rice crispy treats   (tip:  You can do all 6 cups fruity pebbles but I like a little less sugar so I do half and half.)
                 3.  4 tablespoons butter
                 5.  10 oz of mini marshmallows
                 6.  Popsicle sticks (or I used sticks for cookie pops found at most craft stores)
                 7.  White or milk chocolate for dipping

Directions:

                 1.  Grease the bottom of a cookie sheet with edges
                 2.  Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
                 3.  Add melted marshmallow goodness to the cereal and mix well.  (tip: I grease my spatula to help the gooey goodness from sticking)
                 4.  Pour contents onto cookie sheet and spread evenly. (tip: to get an even layer use your hands to press down)
                 5.  When cooled, cut into rectangles and insert Popsicle stick. (tip:  I dip the stick in the melted choc. before inserting, I found this helps make it a bit stronger.)
                 6.  Heat chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at half power at 30 second intervals, until fully melted. Dip top into white chocolate and sprinkle with extra fruity pebbles if you wish!
                 7.  Will keep for 3 days in an air tight container.

Happy Easter to all of you and remember that Christ is Risen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment