Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mickey Mouse Club House

My little girl just loves to watch Mickey Mouse Club house so when I was given a couple chances to make cakes for two parties I was excited.  Of course she was sad when they where not for her at the end, but she got her own cake pop for watching and helping me which always helps. :)
The first party was for a little girl who was turning four.  Her mom ordered a two tier cake, cupcakes, and cake pops.  I have already done an entry on how to make the cake pops, so please go check that one out on the how to.

I covered the cake in Butter cream frosting and used fondant for the decoration.  The Mickey hat on top was melting chocolate that I free handed.  I added tooth picks to the bottom of the hat in order to stick it into the cake.  The mickey heads (made with fondant) was cut out with a cookie cutter I found on eBay.


These cupcakes where so much fun and easy to do.  Buy regular and mini oreos, melting chocolate, and a bow mold for Minnie.  Lay out your cookies on a cookie sheet and with the melting chocolate pipe to attach the cookies together.  Place into the fridge to help the chocolate to harden.  Make your Minnie bows then attach them with a little extra melting chocolate.  Make sure to have them set before placing them on the cupcakes.


This next cake was made for a set of twins who where about to turn one.  This three tier cake was covered with butter cream again and decorated with fondant.  I made the house and hand glove by hand, the stars with a cookie cutter.  The stars on the top I used a thin wire so they looked like they where in the sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment