Sunday, September 2, 2012

Twins? what are you having?

Babies are so much fun and it is the best part of pregnancy when you find out the sex of your baby.  Friends of the family are about to have twins and they asked me to make a reveal cake.  I was so honored with this request.  They had the doctor put what the sexes of the twins where in an envelope and then they dropped it off to me.   This is such a fun idea and I had tons of fun making this cake.
First I made the batter of the cake then split it into half.  
I split half into a fourth and colored to show the sex of the babies.  I had to split this because of having twins, normally you would just color the whole half.  I wanted each baby to have their own color.
Prepare the pans,  I spray the pans with oil and then put a wax paper circle into the bottom. When you are ready to remove the cakes from the pan it will not stick.  
Add the uncolored batter first into the pans.  Then carefully add the colored batter into the center of the pan. 
One pink and one Purple:  two girls :)
 
Bake the cakes, allow to cool, add filling (this one had blackberry jam), and decorate.
 
 
The twins are.........as cute as a button
 
 



As you can see they had to cut all the way through and pull out a piece in order to know the sex of their babies.   Congrats to the Letourneau family you are have two girls!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment