Saturday, January 10, 2015

Bridal Shower Cakes

A young lady at my Church is about to get Married.  I have the honor of creating her cake and cupcakes for the big day.  But I also did her bridal shower cakes. Her favorite color is purple and she loves butterflies and flowers.
I have been taking cake classes on Crafty.com which has been a wonderful learning experience. If you would like to learn how to do the dot pattern on my cake take "Clean & Simple Cake Design" with Jessica Harris.  Please take your time to check Crafty.com out as it has many classes on cake decor and many other things.



 
The dots, butterflies, and dress are made out of modeling chocolate which is home made. Jessica Harris also teaches you how to make modeling chocolate and fondant in her class.  I also learned how to make fondant from this link:  http://www.howdoesshe.com/easy-marshmallow-fondant-you-can-do-it/
I am very excited about getting to do her Wedding Cake very soon!! :)

2 comments:

  1. You always do such a beautiful job! -Ginger

    ReplyDelete