Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ballerina Birthday

Happy 4th birthday to my sweet little, lady Olivia. As you can see we had a ballerina themed birthday this year.  Olivia loves to dance and the color pink so I felt this was the perfect party to create for her.  The beautiful picture of Olivia was taken by Provosto Photography, She is a military wife and knows how to use natural light to make a picture come to life.  Thank you Amber for these memories!!

I went small on the treats this year, as we are living in a new location with not as many friends to attend the celebration.  The cake was a double chocolate cake with pink butter cream and home made fondant flowers.  http://www.howdoesshe.com/easy-marshmallow-fondant-you-can-do-it/#  here is the link on how to make Fondant, super easy!!



Ballerina dress cupcakes
I used a small heart cutter for the top of the dress. I used fondant but suggest you use modeling chocolate as it is a stiffer medium. Butter cream was used to design the tutu part Wilton tip # 104.  Cake was a vanilla cake with fresh strawberries.
Marshmallow ballerina slippers
I have a bow chocolate mold that I first filled and allowed to set.  Then insert the stick into the top of a big marshmallow.  Melt pink melting chocolate (make sure to add a little veggie oil to thin out), dip the sides set down on wax paper to harden. (tip I throw them into the fridge)  Put left over pink chocolate into a sandwich bag.  Cut the tip off the bag and pipe the strings onto the front of the slipper.  Add a little chocolate to the stick and place bow onto the chocolate.

 
Welcome to our party set up: You will see a lot of pink :)  The banners where made with my silhouette cutter which I just love when it comes to making things for parties!! The flowers where designed by my wonderful mother-in-law.



Party Favors: I made Tutu's for each little lady that came to the party and also had a friend make hair bows.  Instead of goodie bags I did goodie jars filled with candy. 


Oh course every party must have a party game: We played pin the tutu on the ballerina

Then we had an art time where the girls made ballerina hand dresses and the boys created a hand pirate.  I used my cutter to cut out the leotard and then glued it on so the girls only had to go the hand prints.  It was a very fun and super cute project. 

I am blessed to have my little lady but cannot believe she is already four.  My prayer is for her to have a great year of learning and adventures!!




 




No comments:

Post a Comment