Saturday, March 14, 2015

Frozen Dessert Table

Frozen birthday parties are all the rage.  I was asked to create a whole dessert table to represent the Movie for a young lady turning seven.  She loved the table and all the treats.  I love to make any birthday kiddo happy with the treats I make for them.

Now the cake was super fun to design but oh I hate trying to create faces.  I painted and re-painted the noses ten times and then gave up.  So please do not be to harsh with my faces as it was the first time for me.  I do love how the girls dresses turned out it is all made out of modleing chocolate.  The large snow flakes are hand piped chocolate and the small ones where from a chocolate mold.


Now to the cupcakes:  Half had snow flakes and the other half Olafs created out of modeling chocolate.  I printed a picture of Olaf at the size I wanted to create.  Then taped the picture down with a piece of wax paper taped on top of that.  With the white chocolate I molded balls and shaped them on top of the picture to get the same size and shape for each.  I inserted a tooth pick into the bottom and up through each ball to hold them together.  His face was not easy but I just pulled out each shape and tried to match.  The arms where the hardest to make;  I used a thin wire and covered with brown fondant.

Other treats I created for the table were cake pops,
chocolate cover pretzel rods,
 Snow flake sugar cookies,

cheese cake bits, and Rice treat pops.



I had a blast putting this party table together.

No comments:

Post a Comment