Thursday, November 12, 2015

Purple, sliver, and white wedding cake

 A four tier wedding cake and dozens of cupcakes.  The wedding colors where purple, silver, and white with flowers and butterflies.  I loved creating this cake so much with the Bride.
 The sliver trim on the bottom tier was made with edible paper and a paper decorative hole punch.  I bought the puncher and paper from Micheal's where you can find many different patterns. I attached it with edible sugar glue also bought from Micheal's cake section.  All the flowers and butterflies where made from Modeling Chocolate.  The sliver flower above was created with gray modeling chocolate and each petal was painted with edible silver luster dust mixed with Lemon extract.
 The second tier you will see is covered with a mosaic pattern.  These pieces where made with purple modeling chocolate and cut with a specialty cutter.  This pattern was created by http://www.jessicaharriscakedesign.com , She has so many fun and creative patterns to draw from.  The cutter came from http://www.notjustcakesbyannie.com , Here you will find many cutters for cake decorating.
 This Rose was my first successful Rose after so many failures and I was so super excited on how it turned out.  Making any flower practice is a true key in getting it right.  I learned how to make the rose by watching a handful of how to do videos on YouTube.  The name plate was cut out with a cutter I got from "Not just cake by Annie".
 The flavors of the cake and cupcakes where: Brownie cake filled with eggless Chocolate chip cookie dough, Chocolate cake filled with vanilla cheesecake, Chocolate chip cake filled with chocolate gauche,  Vanilla Cake filled with buttercream and berries.
 The Purple butterflies where made with purple modeling chocolate and a butterfly mold.  I bought this mold on Amazon.com.  It came with two different sizes of butterflies.
I felt for my first ever wedding cake this one will always be one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment