Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mario Brother screen shot cupcakes

I was asked to create Mario themed cupcakes for my friends little man.  I was lost on how to make cupcakes without using paper inserts, so started my search  online.  I came across a group of screen shots that were a great inspiration.  With these screen shots I drew out my design.


There are 36 cupcakes in this display.  I used blue modeling chocolate and a 1" circle cutter to make the background bases. All the other designs in the screen shot were also created out of modeling chocolate.  They were attached with a little corn syrup painted on the backs and lain onto the blue circles.  I allowed these circles to sit out a couple days to firm up to hold its shape while on the cupcake. They lay on top of a cookie sheet and parchment paper dusted with corn starch.
Once the circles have sat a couple days place them on top of lightly frosted cupcakes which are already lain out in the pattern 6 by 6.  Then you will have a fun and unique screen shot display.

No comments:

Post a Comment