Monday, October 14, 2013

Art is the theme part 3



Oh the treats that we had at the party.  I had tons of fun making each treat for the dessert table.  My little lady had so much fun helping me during the week stirring and baking  for her party. 

 
Painters pallet cupcakes and sugar cookies :)
I ordered my cookie cutter from  www.cheapcookiecutters.com
I made sugar cookies and used Butter cream frosting to decorate.  The cupcakes where my Choc. covered strawberry cupcakes.  I also did a few cookies on their own with less frosting.



 
Next we had Rice treat pops that looked like paint brushes.  These are super easy to make: make Rice treats and then cut into rectangles.  Insert a stick into one end and that turns into a Pop.  Add melting Chocolates to the bottom and make it look like paint.  See easy :)


 
 
I had a couple extra things that was done that took but a few moments to do.  Such as paint samples that was just different colored candies that I separated and put into cute little cups.  Also Chocolate dipped strawberries with a Cream cheese filling which was labeled paint buckets.


 
 
Now to the CAKE!!  I learned a new thing do not decorate a cake with M&M's and then put it into the fridge.  When they get cold and then put into a warm room they sweat and it just does not look nice. 
Now the inside of the cake had poka dots which turned out super cute.  Make your white or yellow cake batter put some batter into a couple different bowls.  Add food coloring to make different colored balls.  I have a cakepop maker so I baked the colored batter into balls.
In the cake pan you are using put a thin layer of white cake batter and then put the cake balls in, add more batter on top.

 
Bake your cake now. 

Here is how it looks inside.  I wish I would have putten more balls inside.
Now decorate you cake.  Here is how our art cake turned out.

 
Thank you so much for following along on the journy of my little girls birthday.

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment