Saturday, October 6, 2012

Butter Cream + Wedding= Happy!!



           I have done it!! I got to do my very first wedding.  A very small wedding but it was a wedding all the same.  I made a small cake for them to cut and save, with the flavor being carrot cake.  Then I built two cupcake towers and had two different cupcake flavors: Key lime pie and Cookies and cream.  On the very bottom you will see not cupcakes but jars.  The groom really wanted peach cobbler and that was what was in the small jars. 



        The cupcakes where covered in ether cream cheese frosting or homemade butter cream.  I had been having a hard time with my butter creams but my mom did a little digging for me and helped me get the great butter cream I was able to make for the wedding!! Thanks MOM!!  I was so excited when it turned out so good.  So I want to share how it worked for me.  Now know this whole baking thing is still new to me in many ways so I do a lot of trial and error.   This is the only recipe that has worked for me so far!!!

Rich and thick Butter Cream:
1 cup Unsalted butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups Powder sugar, shifted
1/4 cup heavy cream, add 1 tablespoon at a time

1.  Butter must be completely softened!!!  Add to bowl and beat until creamy.
2.  Add in the salt and vanilla and cream some more.
3.  Shift all the power sugar in a separate bowl and then turn mixer onto med. speed add powder sugar a 1/2 a cup at a time.
4.  Allow to mix for about two minutes and then add the heavy cream.  ONLY add as much as you need.  It really depends on how tight or loose you would like your frosting to be. 
5.  Beat on High for about 2 more minutes to help get all air bubbles out.

( to store the frosting:  I put it into the fridge and of course the butter hardened up.  But I let it sit out for an hour or so and it was soft again.  Then you will need to beat it again on high to get the fluffy frosting back and good as new!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment