Tuesday, September 18, 2012

All about Olivia

Two years ago we were blessed with a little girl whom we named Olivia.  I swore that we would never have a big party for her until she turned five or so.  But I have broken that promise because my husband is getting ready to be deployed over seas therefore we had a big two year birthday party for lit' Miss.
The theme was of course all about Olivia!!    Meet our Little Miss Olivia

Being an Olivia the Pig party everything had to be red, white, and black.  I loved planning this party from decor to food.  For dinner we had Lasagna, Spaghetti, French bread, and salad.  Drinks were water bottles with Olivia labels and pink lemonade punch.  Of course then we had a dessert table which featured Red velvet cheesecake cupcakes and cake, Brownie bits, choc. covered pretzels, sugar cookies, stuffed strawberries, and a small candy bar.
Drink table


   
Dinner table
 
Dessert table


On the present table I put a framed picture of Olivia with her saying thank you.  In front of the picture we had little goodie boxes for all the adults with mini choc. bars that had cute Olivia labels on them.  Of course we had goodie bags for all the kids who came to the party and I placed them up on the fire place mantel.  Above the goodie bags was a poster that featured one of Olivia's rules of life. "Never miss a very important party".
 
Present Table

 
 
Now we move outside where we had tables set up for eating.  We rented a 20X20 canopy and had a fun set up under it.  First we strung up balloons in a diamond shape and then attached Christmas light to them so when it got darker we had light outside.  The tables where set up with lots of love.  I hand made party hats and Olivia rule of life cards.
 



The last thing I did was made up an activity table inside for the kids.  I had recorded a few Olivia the Pig shows so that was playing on the TV during the whole party.  On the kids activity table we had Olivia books and coloring pages.  Also the kids got to decorate their very own pig sugar cookies.
 
 


Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl!!
IN the next couple posts I will talk about the treats and some of the crafts I did for this party.  But this post is just so you can get different ideas for an Olivia the Pig party!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment