Friday, May 10, 2013

Rice Garden

My little girl is growing up so fast and wants to do everything that Mommy does.  So I bought her a Kitchen so she could bake when I bake. Her Nana got her a vacuum to help mommy clean the house. Now I have a garden and she wants to dig in it and pull up all the plants.  Therefore we made a fun little colorful rice garden.
Things needed:
25 lbs of long gran rice
1 bottle of rubbing alcohol
3-4 different colors of food coloring
Gallon Zip lock bags
something to  lay rice on to dry (cookie sheets with edges)
Wooden spoon
Plastic tub with Lid
Sand toys



How to make:

One color = Zip lock bag (double bag) fill with 8 cups of rice, 18 drops of food color, and 3 tablespoons of alcohol  (I had to make two of these bags of the same color to fill my tub)
Zip close both bags and shake until all the rice is covered with the coloring.
Spread out colored rice onto cookie sheet and allow to sit out in the sun to dry. After 15 minutes use the spoon to stir so the bottom rice is allowed to dry.
Pour colored rice into the play tub and add toys to play!!



No comments:

Post a Comment