Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall is Here

My hubby is about to leave on his third deployment and I wanted to have a special going away/ surprise birthday party for him.   We made it a fall theme and it turned out wonderful.  When I sent out the invites I asked family and friends to help out with the party by sending a note to Aubrey on balloons and also send a few family pictures.   The balloons where not a very good idea because the ink did not stay on the balloons.  But I am thankful to everyone who took the time helping out with the party.
The guests enjoyed pulled pork and ribs with homemade BBQ sauce.  In town friends brought side dishes.  The dessert table had a wonderful spread with an Apple spiced cake, apple cider caramel cookies, mini pumpkin pies, pumpkin pie dip, caramel apple cheesecake bars, and a mini candy bar.




We invited a couple of the soldiers that will be going with Aubrey on deployment and also wanted to honor them and their families.  Every year around Christmas we choose someone to bless with gifts as that is what the season is all about giving to others beyond ourselves.  As Christ gave his son for us.  We choose the soldiers and their families to give to this year.  I prepared each soldier an Airplane survival Kit which had all kinds of their favorite goodies and reading material in it.  Also I put together a little bag with tissues, hand sanitizer, lotion, hand wipes, and chap stick. 
For the children I ordered a Henry Hero Bear( http://henryherobear.com/index.php) .  My Husband's Aunt Janet is the creator of this great bear!!  Two of the wives are excepting little ones soon so I put together a fun little box of onesies for them.

For the party decor we got a canopy to give a little shade.  Tables where covered in pumpkins and all other fall things.  The middle pumpkin we took off the top, gutted, add soil, and planted a mum inside.  These turned out so cute or at least I think they did.  :)
 



 
For the drink table we served water and apple cider.  I pre-made ice rings with apple slices and Cinnamon sticks.

 
We also played a few games during the party which I enjoyed a lot!!  I got the games off of the site "minute to win it".


 
 
I just want to end with this:  Thank you so much to all the soldiers and their families what give so much for our country!!!   I am so honored to be surrounded by such brave men and women!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment